This is my favourite type of Gyoza. Prawns can replaced or mixed with minced white fish. Traditional cooking method is good, but steaming method is also good.
35 to 40 pieces
300 to 400g Uncooked Prawns
*Note: Minced white fish can be used.
5 to 6 Spring Onions
1 small piece Ginger *finely grated
1 tablespoon Sake
1 to 2 tablespoons Potato Starch
Salt & White Pepper
- Prepare Prawns. Chop up and coarsely mince the Prawns. Chop the Spring Onions finely.
- Combine minced Prawns, Spring Onion, finely grated Ginger and the other ingredients, lightly season with Salt and Pepper, and mix them very well until it gets pasty texture.
- Place some of the filling onto a Gyoza Skin, moisten the edge of the skin with water, fold the edge about 5 times and close.
- Heat a small amount of Oil in a frypan (non-stick recommended) over medium high heat, place Gyoza.
- Add 1/2 cup Water and reduce heat. Cover with a lid and allow Gyoza to steam until the Water is gone. Keep cooking until the bottom of Gyoza turned golden brown.
- Serve with the Dipping Sauce with Rā-yu (Chilli Oil) or/and Shichimi (Japanese Chilli Spice Mix).