This is a very quick and easy dish. Prawns can be replaced with Squid or Tofu. I always serve this dish with freshly cooked Rice, but rice noodles would be good as well. When Tomatoes are in season, a simple dish like this one can be really appreciated.
200g Shelled Prawns *thawed if frozen
1 tablespoon Sake (Rice Wine)
Salt & White Pepper
2 to 3 Tomatoes *cut into chunky pieces
1 small piece Ginger *sliced into fine strips
2 Spring Onions *finely chopped
2 to 3 tablespoons Canola Oil
1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1/2 to 1 tablespoon Chilli Garlic Sauce
1 teaspoon Potato Starch *mixed with 1 teaspoon Water
*Note: Iceberg Lettuce can be a good addition
- Place prepared Prawns and Sake in a bowl, massage and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat Eggs and season with a pinch of Salt and White Pepper.
- Heat a generous amount of Oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, cook Eggs gently stirring until set but still soft. Transfer onto a plate.
- Cook Ginger and Spring Onions fo a minute, then add Prawns and Tomatoes and cook for a few more minutes.
- When Tomatoes started softening and juice is coming out, add Soy Sauce and Chilli Garlic Sauce. Add Potato Starch and Water mixture to thicken the liquid and mix well. If you add Iceberg Lettuce, add it now, and stir to combine.
- Add the cooked Eggs and gently combine.
This was delicious! I mixed mine a little bit too much and it turned kinda mushy and not as pretty as in the picture but it was still really tasty. I’ll try it with tofu next time
Thank you, Aino. I’m glad you enjoyed it. Tofu version is delicious, too. I use medium soft type such as Momen. Tomato only version is also good to me.