This is a very quick and easy dish. Prawns can be replaced with Squid or Tofu. I always serve this dish with freshly cooked Rice, but rice noodles would be good as well. When Tomatoes are in season, a simple dish like this one can be really appreciated.
Fresh/Frozen Shelled Prawns 200g
Sake (Rice Wine) 1 tablespoon
Salt & White Pepper
Tomatoes 2 to 3 *cut into chunky pieces
Ginger 1 small piece *finely sliced into strips
Spring Onions 2 *finely chopped
Canola Oil 2 to 3 tablespoons
Soy Sauce 1 tablespoon
Chilli Garlic Sauce 1/2 to 1 tablespoon
Potato Starch 1 teaspoon *mixed with 1 teaspoon Water
- Place prepared Prawns and Sake in a bowl, massage and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat Eggs and season with a pinch of Salt and White Pepper.
- Heat a generous amount of Oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, cook Eggs gently stirring until set but still soft. Move it onto a plate.
- Cook Ginger and Spring Onions fo a minute, then add Prawns and Tomatoes and cook for a few more minutes.
- When Tomatoes started softening and juice is coming out, add Soy Sauce and Chilli Garlic Sauce. Add Potato Starch and Water mixture to thicken the liquid and mix well.
- Add the cooked Eggs and gently combine.