This dessert looks like custard but it contains No Egg. This is based on my Panna Cotta recipe and I added smoothly pureed Cooked Pumpkin. Enjoy with your favourite syrup or sauce. Today I enjoyed it with Maple Syrup.
2 teaspoons Gelatine *about 8g
2 to 3 tablespoons Water
1 cup Milk
1/4 cup Caster Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract OR 1 tablespoon Rum
1 cup pureed Cooked Pumpkin *smoothly pureed OR blended
1/2 cup Cream
Maple Syrup, Muscovado Syrup, Caramel Sauce, OR etc.
- Sprinkle Gelatine Powder into Water in a small bowl and soak for 5-10 minutes.
- Place Milk, Sugar and Vanilla (OR Rum) in a saucepan, and heat over medium heat, stirring, and bring just to the boil. Remove from heat.
- Add soaked Gelatine, mix well until gelatine dissolves. Add Cream and smoothly pureed Pumpkin, and mix to combine. *Note: For extra smooth texture, you can strain the mixture through a sieve.
- Pour the mixture into serving glasses or jelly moulds. Place them in the fridge and leave to set.
- Serve with Maple Syrup, Muscovado Syrup, OR sauce of your choice.