My Rice Cooker Frittata recipe is very versatile. You can add any ingredients of your choice to the Egg Mixture. Today I added Eggplant & Mushrooms. Red Capsicum OR Tomatoes can be a good addition to this Frittata. You need to precook Vegetables, but once you combined all ingredients and placed the mixture into the rice cooker’s inner pot, all you have to do is to choose the ‘Cake’ setting and press ‘Start’ button. It’s so easy and energy efficient.
2 tablespoons Olive Oil *plus extra
1 medium Eggplant *about 300g, cut into bite-size pieces
6 to 8 Mushrooms *about 200g, thickly sliced
1 clove Garlic *optional, finely chopped
Additional Ingredients: Red Capsicum and Semi Dried Tomatoes can be a nice addition
Salt & Ground Black Pepper
1/4 cup chopped Parsley *OR add as much as you want
1/2 cup Self-Raising Flour
1/2 teaspoon Salt
Ground Black Pepper as required
1/2 to 1 cup shredded Tasty Cheese (Cheddar) *OR Cheese of your choice
- Line the base of rice cooker’s inner pot with baking paper. *Note: It might be unnecessary depending on the condition of your inner pot.
- Heat Olive Oil in a frying pan over medium heat, cook Eggplant pieces until nicely browned. You don’t need to cook them until soft. Season lightly with Salt & Pepper. Transfer to a plate.
- Add some extra Oil to the pan and cook Mushrooms until nicely browned. Season lightly with Salt & Pepper.
- *Note: If you add other vegetables such as Capsicum, cook them as well.
- Place Eggs, Self-Raising Flour, Salt & Pepper in a mixing bowl, and mix well. Add shredded Cheese, Parsley and precooked Vegetables, and gently mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared rice cooker’s inner pot, spread evenly, and start cooking at ‘Cake’ setting.
- If it is not cooked yet, leave it in the hot rice cooker for 10 more minutes or heat extra time. Turn out on a plate, and carefully peel away baking paper. Serve hot or cold.
- *Note: I used my 10 cup capacity rice cooker which inner pot is 20cm in diameter. I took it out after 35 minutes.