Already cooked Udon Noodles are very handy to stock. I often use Cooked Udon to make my lunch. Today I had some thinly sliced Pork Belly which is also very handy to have as it can be cooked very quickly. Cook Pork in a frying pan while Udon is being heated in boiling water. This scrumptious dish can be made in five minutes.
1 serving Cooked Udon *frozen type recommended
80g thinly sliced Pork *cut into bite-size pieces
Salt & White Pepper
1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
1 Egg Yolk
Finely chopped Spring Onion
Toasted Sesame Seeds
Crispy Chilli Oil *optional
1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Mirin
1/2 teaspoon Rice Vinegar *OR Vinegar of your choice
1 clove Garlic *finely chopped
Chilli Flakes as required
- Cut thinly sliced Pork into bite-size pieces and lightly season with Salt & White Pepper. Mix all the Sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Prepare all ingredients before you start cooking.
- Heat Cooked Udon Noodles in boiling water.
- Heat Sesame Oil in a frying pan over high heat, cook Pork pieces. When changed colour, lower the heat to medium, add the Sauce, and stir for a minute.
- Drain the softened Udon Noodles, add to the pan, and stir to combine.
- Place in a serving plate, add Egg Yolk on top, sprinkle with some finely chopped Spring Onion and Toasted Sesame Seeds. I added some Crispy Chilli Oil as well.
Leave a Reply