Rice dishes such as this one, similar to ‘Paella’, are easy to cook in the oven because you can forget about it. For this ‘Seafood Baked Rice’, I always use Marinara (Seafood) Mix. I could have arranged the seafood pieces more artistic way. You can use better quality seafood and make it look beautiful!
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Onion *finely chopped
1 to 2 cloves Garlic *finely chopped
1 Canned Diced Tomatoes *400g
Salt & Pepper
360ml Chicken Stock
2 cups (*180ml cup) Medium Grain Rice
1 Red Capsicum *cut into 8 strips
*e.g. Prawns, Squid, Fish Fillets, Clams, etc.
2 tablespoons Parsley *finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200℃.
- Heat Olive Oil in an oven-safe shallow saucepan or a skillet over medium heat and cook Onion and Garlic until soft. Add Tomatoes and Chicken Stock, and bring to the boil. Season with Salt & Pepper.
- Stir in Rice and spread evenly, and arrange Seafood and Capsicum on top, then bring back to the boil.
- Cover with the lid or cover tightly with foil. Place in the oven, and cook for 30 minutes. You can remove the lid for last 5-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped Parsley and serve.
thanks Hiroko. it was a wonderful dish (i added anchovies and capers for taste) lawrence
Thank you, Lawrence, for your comment. Capers sounds really good. That would be a good addition to this dish. I will try that next time.