Ponzu is a versatile sauce. It can be a great dipping sauce and it can be used as a seasoning sauce. It is handy to have a bottle of Ponzu always. This is a very low-in-calorie salad as Shirataki (Konjac Noodles) has very little calories. Today I added some Chilli Garlic Sauce to make it spicy.
1 bag (200g) Shiratali (Konjac Noodles)
1/2 Continental Cucumber *about 150g
1/4 teaspoon Salt
2 to 3 tablespoons Dried Chopped Wakame
2 tablespoons Ponzu
*OR 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce, 1/2 tablespoon Rice Vinegar, 1/2 tablespoon Lemon (OR Yuzu) Juice, 1 pinch Dashi Powder
2 to 3 teaspoons Chilli Garlic Sauce OR Toban Djan (Chilli Bean Sauce)
1 teaspoon Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Thinly slice Cucumber into a bowl. Add Salt and massage, then set aside for a while.
- Soak Dry Wakame in cold water until soft, and drain well.
- Drain Shirataki. Cut into 5cm length. Cook in the boiling water for 2 minutes, then drain. Rinse under cold water and drain well.
- Combine Ponzu (OR Ponzu ingredients) and Chilli Garlic Sauce in a bowl. *You may wish to add some Sesame Oil.
- Squeeze the Cucumber to remove excess water, and add to the bowl. Squeeze the Wakame and Shirataki as well, then add to the bowl. Add Toasted Sesame Seeds and mix to combine.
Leave a Reply