This is another absolutely easy, yet delicious and nutritious dish that anyone can cook. All you have to do is placing the ingredients in a saucepan and cook over lower heat until cooked. Enjoy with freshly cooked Rice. Today I made it into a rice bowl. You can use Chicken instead of Pork.
1/8 Wombok *about 200g
100g thinly sliced Pork Belly *OR Chicken
1/2 teaspoon Sesame Oil *optional, as this is for flavour
1/2 teaspoon Asian Chicken Bouillon Powder OR Chicken Stock Powder *optional
2 tablespoons Sake (Rice Wine) *OR Water
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
White Pepper OR Ground Chilli as required
1/2 tablespoon Potato Starch OR Corn Starch *mixed with 1/2 tablespoon Water
1/2 Spring Onion *finely chopped
- Cut Wombok and thinly sliced Pork (OR Chicken) into bite-size pieces. Cut off the bottom of Enoki, clean them, and cut into 3-4cm length pieces.
- Sprinkle with a small amount of Sesame Oil in a saucepan, place the white parts of Wombok. Then arrange the remaining Wombok, Pork and Enoki in the saucepan in layers, scattering each ingredients evenly.
- Sprinkle with Chicken Bouillon Powder (OR Chicken Stock Powder), Sake (Rice Wine), Soy Sauce and White Pepper (OR Chilli) over the ingredients. No need to stir. *Note: A small amount of Grated Ginger can be a good addition.
- Cover with a lid, heat over medium low heat for 4-5 minutes OR until softened. Remove the lid, and gently stir. There must be some liquid in the saucepan. Gradually add Potato Starch mixture, and stir until the liquid is thickened.
- Sprinkle with some finely chopped Spring Onion and enjoy with freshly cooked Rice.