Enjoy Sushi Rice with the topping of Smoked Salmon, Avocado and Egg. This dish is so simple and easy to prepare, yet very delicious and beautiful. Sushi can be your busy day’s dinner. Add some more salad vegetables to make it more refreshing.
Sushi Rice *cooked from 3 x 180ml cups uncooked Rice
2 to 3 Eggs
100g Smoked Salmon
1 to 2 Spring Onion
Roasted Sesame Seeds, Tobiko (Flying Fish Roe) or Ikura (Salmon Roe) *Optional
Mayonnaise Sauce Ingredients
2 to 3 tablespoons Japanese Mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon Rice Vinegar (or Lemon Juice)
*If you have Ponzu, replace Soy Sauce & Vinegar with the Ponzu.
- Cook Sushi Rice.
- Heat small amount of oil in a fry pan and cook Eggs to make firm scrambled egg. Transfer to a plate.
- Cut Avocado into small cubes, Smoked Salmon into bite size.
- Make Mayonnaise Sauce by mixing all the ingredients.
- Place the Sushi Rice on a plate and add some Avocado, Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Egg to decorate it.
- Place the Mayonnaise Sauce into a plastic bag, cut a bottom corner of the plastic bag to make a tiny hole, then squeeze the Sauce over the Sushi.
- Sprinkle some finely chopped Spring Onion, shredded Nori and Roasted Sesame Seeds. If you have Tobiko (Flying Fish Roe) or Ikura (Salmon Roe), sprinkle some of them as well and they will make this dish very special.