If you are thinking to make handmade chocolate for a special occasion, nothing is easier than this Soft Chocolate. Super easy to make, but they are delicious and look great, don’t they? This is basically firm Chocolate Ganache. It can be made by mixing Dark Chocolate and hot Cream. I added a little Butter as well. You might be interested in my Silken Tofu version.
200g Dark Chocolate *coarsely chopped
80ml Cream *I used Thickened Cream
15g Butter *cut into small cubes
1 teaspoon Rum, Brandy, Kirsch, OR Liquor of your choice *optional
Cocoa Powder to dust
- Place chopped Dark Chocolate and Butter in a heatproof bowl.
- Bring Cream just to the boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Pour the hot Cream over Chocolate & Butter. Add Rum (OR Liquor of your choice) if you add it. Stir until smooth.
- *Alternatively, place Dark Chocolate, Butter and Cream in a heat-proof bowl, and heat in the microwave for 30 to 60 seconds. Add Rum/Brandy if you add it. Stir until smooth.
- Line a small container with plastic wrap, pour the mixture and cool in the fridge for a few hours or until set.
- Cut into bite-sized pieces. Dust with Cocoa Powder.