‘Harusame Salad’ is one of the most popular summer dishes among my family members. This is a spicy version of it as I add Toban Djan (Chilli Bean Sauce) to the dressing. Lean Chicken is more suitable than Ham to this spicy salad. You can serve this dish with freshly cooked Rice, but this dish alone can be a good meal.
300g Chicken Breast Fillet *OR Tenderloins
120g Dried Harusame Noodles
1/2 large Continental Cucumber *about 150g
1/2 Red Capsicum
1/6 to 1/4 Red Onion
1 tablespoon Toasted Sesame Seeds
1 small clove Garlic *grated
1 small piece Ginger *grated
1 tablespoon Sugar
2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Toban Djan (Chilli Bean Sauce) *OR Chilli Garlic Sauce
1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- If you use Chicken Breast Fillet, tear it into 2 to 3 pieces so that they will cook quickly. Cook Chicken pieces in boiling salted water in a saucepan over a medium heat. It won’t take long. When cooked, cool in the liquid. When cool enough to handle, tear into strips.
- Combine all the Dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Alter the amount of Chilli Sauce to suit your taste.
- Cut all Vegetables into thin strips and slices.
- Cook Harusame Noodles as instructed. Basically cook in boiling water until turns transparent and soft. Rinse in cold water and drain well. Cut about 5-10cm.
- Place everything into a large mixing bowl, add the Dressing, and mix to combine. Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply