This dish is called ‘Nira-Tama’ in Japan, and that means ‘Garlic Chives & Eggs’. Most north Asian people don’t need a recipe to cook this dish as it is so popular. If you are not familiar with this dish, try this recipe. This is another ‘Quick & Easy & Delicious & Nutritious’ dish. Enjoy it with freshly cooked rice.
Salt & White Pepper
1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil *plus extra
1 bunch Garlic Chives *about 120g, cut into 3-4cm pieces
2/3 tablespoon Soy Sauce
2/3 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
1 tablespoon Mirin
1/4 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- Wash and clean Garlic Chives, and cut into 3-4cm pieces. *Note: Depending on the season, lighter colour bottom parts of Garlic Chives could be tough and woody. Cut off the tough parts.
- Whisk Eggs in a bowl and season with Salt & White Pepper.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Now things will happen very quickly. Heat Oil in a frying pan or wok over medium high heat, cook Scrambled Egg, and transfer to a plate.
- Add an extra small amount of Oil if required, cook Garlic Chives. Garlic Chives can be cooked very quickly. Add the sauce and combine, then return the Egg, and mix to combine. That’s it! Enjoy with freshly cooked rice.
Leave a Reply