It is quite common that people struggle to use up a whole Iceberg Lettuce. You can’t eat Lettuce Salad day after day. I know many people never use it for cooking, but I often use it for soup and stir-fry, even for fried rice. Here is a very simple stir-fry dish you can try. It is easy to eat 1/2 of the whole Lettuce by two of you.
1/2 Iceberg Lettuce *Today it weighed 230g
Salt & White Pepper
1 tablespoon Oil *I used Sunflower Oil
1/2 teaspoon Sesame Oil
1 tablespoon Sake (Rice Wine) *OR Water
1/4 teaspoon Salt
White Pepper as required *I added about 1/8 teaspoon
1/2 teaspoon Asian Chicken Bouillon Powder OR Chicken Stock Powder
1 Spring Onion *finely chopped
- Cut Lettuce into chunky pieces. Finely chop Spring Onion. Whisk Eggs in a small bowl and season with Salt & White Pepper. Prepare everything before you start cooking.
- Heat 1 tablespoon Oil in a frying pan over hight heat, cook Eggs quickly just like cooking ‘Scrambled Eggs’. Transfer to the bowl that you used to whisk the Eggs OR a plate.
- Add a small amount Sesame Oil to the pan and stir-fry Lettuce. Add Sake (Rice Wine) as it creates steam and it helps cooking process, and it also adds Umami.
- Add Salt, White Pepper and Chicken Bouillon Powder, and stir. Return the Egg, and stir to combine.
- Place in a serving plate, sprinkle with finely chopped Spring Onion, and enjoy immediately.