I used my ‘Basic Plain Cupcakes’ recipe to make these Strawberry Cupcakes, but I replaced Milk with pureed Strawberries. As the Strawberries that I used were a little sour, I should have added extra Sugar. These pink coloured Cupcakes look pretty and they smelled amazing when baking in the oven. You may wish to decorate them. See the photo below.
125g Butter *softened
1/2 cup Caster Sugar *you can add extra 2-3 tablespoons
2 large Eggs *room temperature
1 & 1/2 cups Self-Raising Flour
200g Strawberries *pureed
Extra Strawberries *optional, cut into small pieces, I added 100g
- Preheat oven to 170℃. Line a 12-hole medium-size muffin tin with paper cases.
- Wash and hull Strawberries. Using food processor or blender, process Strawberries into smooth puree. *Note: I placed the Strawberries in a measuring jug and used a stick blender to puree.
- If you are going to add extra Strawberries, cut them into 6-8mm pieces. *Note: Today 1 punnet Strawberries weighed about 300g. I used 200g for puree and chopped up the rest.
- Beat softened Butter in a mixing bowl with a whisk until smooth. Add Sugar and beat until creamy. *Note: I recommend to add extra Sugar if Strawberry puree is sour.
- Add Eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gently fold in Flour with a spatula or a large metal spoon, add Strawberry puree and mix until just combined. If you add chopped Extra Strawberries, add them and mix to combine evenly.
- Spoon the mixture into paper cases. Bake for about 20 minutes or until cooked through. Leave in tins for 5 minutes before moving onto wire rack to cool.
- *Note: You may wish to decorate them with Whipped Cream, Butter Cream, White Chocolate Ganache, etc. The picture below is the Strawberry Cupcakes decorated with Whipped Cream mixed with Strawberry Jam.