This recipe was a result of an accident. First it started when I tried to make my ‘Very Sweet American Style Chewy Choco Chip Cookies’. I believed that I had a bag of Chocolate Chips, but I didn’t. So I added Peanuts instead. Because I added Peanuts, I added some Peanut Butter as well. The dough became very sticky and I added extra Flour. The Cookies swelled a lot and all cookies stuck to each other. It was disastrous, but the cookies were wickedly yummy! I wrote down how I made them and tried the recipe again today. Wickedly yummy!!!
125g Butter *cut into small cubes
1/2 cup (100g) Peanut Butter *I used Crunchy type
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Caster Sugar *You can reduce to 1/4 cup
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 large Egg
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract *optional
1 & 1/3 cups Self-Raising Flour
1/2 teaspoon Bi-carb Soda
1 cup Roasted Peanuts *coarsely chopped
- Place Butter and Peanut Butter, in a heat-proof bowl, and heat in the microwave until Butter melts. Add Brown Sugar, Caster Sugar and Salt until smooth using a whisk. Beat in Egg and Vanilla, and mix well until creamy.
- Add Self-Raising Flour and Bi-Carb Soda, and mix well. Then add Peanuts and combine evenly. *Note: If the dough is too soft to roll, leave it in the fridge until firm enough OR add extra 1-2 tablespoons Flour.
- Preheat oven to 170℃. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Roll the dough into 24 balls, press down into flat discs, and place them on the prepared trays, 12 pieces on each tray. Be aware these cookies will expand.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes OR until golden. Leave them on the trays for 5 minutes, then carefully transfer to a wire rack and cool.