At summer festivals in Japan, there must be many food stalls and some of them are certainly selling char-grilled corn. Butter & soy sauce flavoured grilled cobs corn are very popular. I often make them for dinner using a frying pan. Corn need to be pre-cooked but it can be done quickly and easily by the microwave.
2 to 4 Servings
Cobs Corn 2
Mirin 1 tablespoon
Soy Sauce 1 tablespoon
- Remove silks and husks from the corn. Cook in the microwave in medium power about 500W for 3 minutes, turn them over and cook for 3 more minutes. You might need to cook a few more minutes if the cobs are large.
- Melt Butter in a frying pan over a medium high heat, cook the corn, turning, until lightly browned.
- Add Mirin and Soy Sauce, cook, turning, until the sauce is gone and slightly charred.
- Serve with extra Butter and Soy Sauce if you like.
- Young Corn can be cooked in the same way, but they don’t need to be pre-cooked.