After having tried several Bread recipes including ‘Overnight Proofing Plain Flour Rustic Bread’ which I still love, this is the recipe I ended up using most often. It is no-knead, easy to proof, fail-free, three-ingredient recipe for my ‘Mackies’ non-stick Sandwich Loaf Pan. This bread has the texture similar to French Baguette.
I use 27 x 11cm ‘Mackies’ non-stick Sandwich Loaf Pan
4 cups Bread Flour
2 teaspoons Dry Yeast
1 teaspoon Salt
2 cups Warm Water
- Place Bread Flour, Dry East and Salt in a large bowl, and mix well to blend evenly.
- Add Warm Water and stir using a spoon or spatula. It is a very soft and gooey dough. Don’t try to knead it. When the dough comes together, cover with a large plate and rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- After 30 minutes, it is still very soft and sticky. Wet your hand with water, grab an edge of the dough, lift and bring it to the centre. Repeat several times. Cover and rest again.
- After 30 minutes, repeat the process. Wet your hand with water, grab an edge of the dough, lift and bring it to the centre. Repeat several times. *Note: This process makes the dough elastic.
- Cover and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- After 1 hour, the dough is still very soft and sticky. Dusting the edges of the dough with Flour, press down the dough slightly, then carefully transfer into the loaf tin, that might need to be lightly greased. Set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 200℃.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until bread sounds hollow when tapped. When the top gets too dark, cover with a sheet of foil.
- Remove from loaf tin to wire rack to cool, and you will hear the crackling sound.