35 to 40 pieces
Uncooked Prawns 300 to 400g
Spring Onions 5 to 6
Ginger 1 small piece *finely grated
Sake 1 tablespoon
Potato Starch 1 to 2 tablespoons
Salt & White Pepper
Rāyu (Chili Oil)
1. Prepare Prawns. Chop up and coarsely mince the Prawns. Chop the Spring Onions finely.
2. Combine Prawn mince, Spring Onion, finely grated Ginger and the other ingredients, add some salt and pepper, and mix them very well until it gets pasty texture.
3. Put some of the filling onto a Gyoza Skin, moisten the edge of the skin with water, fold the edge about 5 times and close.
4. Heat oil in a frypan (non-stick recommended) over medium high heat, place Gyoza.
5. Add 1/2 cup water and reduce heat. Cover and allow Gyoza to steam until the water is gone. Keep cooking until the bottom of Gyoza turned golden brown.
6. Serve with the Dipping Sauce with Rāyu (Chili Oil).