Many people are making this Apple Juice Jelly that has a resemblance to foamy Beer. Beer look-alike Jelly can be alcoholic, can’t it? Then I decided to add Vodka to it. You can use ‘Umeshu’, Brandy OR other Liquor instead. The white foamy top is the same Jelly that is just whipped up. *Warning: This Jelly is only for grown-ups. For children, use Apple Juice only.
500ml Apple Juice
100ml Vodka *OR ‘Umeshu’, Brandy, etc.
*Note: Alter the ratio to suit your preference. Make 600ml juice mixture.
1 tablespoon (3 teaspoons) Gelatine Powder *10 to 12g
4 tablespoons Sugar *alter the amount to suit your taste
- Mix Apple Juice and Vodka. Take 3-4 tablespoons juice mixture from 600ml and place in a small bowl. Sprinkle Gelatine Powder over the juice mixture and soak for 5-10 minutes.
- Place about 1/2 of mixture in a saucepan and bring close to the boil, then remove from the heat. *Note: This process can be done in the microwave using a heat-proof bowl.
- Add the Gelatine mixture and stir until Gelatine dissolves. Add the remaining juice mixture and Sugar, and mix well. Alter the amount of Sugar to suit your taste.
- Pour the mixture into serving glasses, but save about 150ml (1/4 of the jelly mixture). Place the glasses in the fridge and leave to set. Place the saved mixture in a mixing bowl, and place it in the fridge as well.
- When the mixture in the mixing bowl is slightly thickened, whisk it into foam, and gently spoon the foam onto the jelly in glasses, which is still very soft. Place the glasses back in the fridge and leave to set completely.
- *Note: You can make the same Beer look-alike Jelly using ‘Umeshu Jelly’ mixture, OR any other flavoured Jelly mixture.