Everyone loves Macaroni Cheese. Macaroni Cheese is delicious with any extra ingredients. I often add extra ingredients such as Mushrooms, but Broccoli is probably my favourite. It looks great, delicious and nutritious.
1 head Broccoli *about 300g
2 cups (*about 260g) Macaroni
100g Bacon *cut into small pieces
3 tablespoons Plain Flour *1 tablespoon is 15ml
2 cups Milk
100g grated Tasty Cheese *mature Cheddar, plus extra handful for topping
Salt & Pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 200℃. Lightly grease a large baking dish.
- Cut Broccoli into small florets.
- Cook Macaroni in the boiling salted water. When Macaroni are half-cooked, add Broccoli florets and bring back to the boil. Cook for a minute, then drain and transfer to the sauce later. *Note: Macaroni should be al dente.
- Melt Butter in a saucepan over medium heat, cook Bacon for a few minutes, add Flour and stir, gradually add Milk, whisking well after each addition, then cook until thickens. Season with Salt and White Pepper. Add grated Cheeses and stir until melted then remove from the heat.
- Transfer the drained cooked Macaroni and Broccoli into the sauce and combine well.
- Spoon into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with a handful of Tasty Cheese and Parmesan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden.