I made this Blueberry Yoghurt Jelly Dessert using my ‘Panna Cotta’ recipe. I reduced the amount of Milk and Cream to 1/2, and added Greek Yoghurt. Soft jelly set in the glass tastes similar to Cheesecake. I used Frozen Blueberries to make the sauce. Easy to make, looks great and tastes fantastic!
2 teaspoons Gelatine Powder *about 8g
2 to 3 tablespoons Water
1/2 cup Milk
1/4 cup Caster Sugar
1 cup Unsweetened Greek Yoghurt
1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
1/2 cup Cream *whipped
125g Blueberries *about 1 cup Frozen Blueberries
2 tablespoons Sugar
- Sprinkle Gelatine Powder into Water in a small bowl and soak for 5-10 minutes.
- To make Blueberry Sauce, place Frozen Blueberries and Sugar in a heat-proof bowl, microwave until soft, and stir. Bring to the boil and stir. *Note: This process can be done using a saucepan.
- Whip Cream until soft peaks form.
- Place Milk and Sugar in a large heat-proof bowl and microwave and bring to the boil. *Note: This process can also be done using a saucepan.
- Add soaked Gelatine, mix well until Gelatine dissolves, then whisk in Yoghurt and Lemon Juice. Add whipped Cream and mix to combine.
- Pour 1/2 mixture into serving glasses. Place them in the fridge and leave to set. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons Blueberry Sauce to the remaining jelly mixture, and mix well.
- When the surface of jelly in the glasses is set, gently pour the remaining jelly mixture, that is mixed with Blueberry Sauce, over the white jelly. Place in the fridge and leave to set completely.
- Before serve, pour the remaining Blueberry Sauce on top.