My ‘Broccoli Rice’ is not minced Broccoli. Broccoli is cooked with Rice, and with Butter. When my son was a young child, I did all sort of tricks to make him eat veggies. One trick was mixing veggies with his favourite food. He loved rice. So I often cooked rice with finely chopped up or grated veggies. ‘Carrot Rice’ is an example. And this ‘Broccoli Rice’ is really yummy, too.
2 cups (*180ml cup) Short Grain Rice OR Medium Grain Rice
400ml Chicken Stock *OR Stock of your choice
1 head Broccoli *cut into small florets, use thick stem for something else
20g Butter *cut into small cubes
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Salt *depending on the saltiness of the stock
- Wash Rice by stirring it thoroughly in water with your hand and drain the water. Repeat this a few more times until water flows through clear.
- Drain the rice and place it into the rice cooker’s inner pot. Add Chicken Stock, and place Broccoli on top, but don’t stir. Scatter Butter, Salt and some Pepper.
- Press ‘COOK’ button to start cooking.
- When the rice is cooked, let it steamed for 10 minutes. Then loosen and mix well.
- *Note: You can add a little bit of Soy Sauce, additional veggies such as peas, grated Parmesan, or etc.