My family’s favourite Cauliflower dish is ‘Cauliflower Cheese Gratin’. Cauliflower is so tasty with creamy cheesy sauce. Today I combined Cauliflower and Macaroni with the cheesy sauce. You can reduce the amount of Macaroni and add more Cauliflower.
400g Cauliflower *cut into bite-size florets
2 cups (about 260g) Dry Macaroni
*Note: You can reduce the amount of Macaroni and add more Cauliflower
Salt for cooking Macaroni
3 tablespoons (30g) Plain Flour
2 cups Milk
100g grated Tasty Cheese *mature Cheddar, plus extra handful for topping
Salt & Pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 200℃. Lightly grease a large baking dish.
- Cook Macaroni in the boiling salted water. When Macaroni are half-cooked, add Cauliflower florets and bring back to the boil. Cook for a minute, then drain and transfer to the sauce later. *Note: Macaroni should be al dente.
- Melt Butter in a saucepan over medium heat, add Flour and stir, gradually add Milk, whisking well after each addition, then cook until thickens. Season with Salt and Pepper. Add grated Cheeses and stir until melted then remove from the heat.
- Add the drained cooked Macaroni and Cauliflower into the sauce and combine well.
- Spoon into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with a handful of grated Tasty Cheese and Parmesan. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
Leave a Reply