Many people bake Chicken Wings (Drumettes & Wingettes) in the oven, but these small pieces are easy to cook in a frying pan, and it is energy efficient. This dish is super easy and I am sure your family and friends would enjoy. The recipe includes a sauce made with Oyster Sauce, but actually you can use your favourite sauce. Korean Gochujang based sauce and Japanese Teriyaki sauce are very suitable.
3 to 4 Servings
800g Chicken Drumettes OR Wing Nibbles
Salt & White Pepper
Oil for cooking *optional
3 to 4 Eggs *softly boiled
1/4 cup Sake (Rice Wine)
1/4 cup Water
*Note: If you don’t have Sake, use 1/2 cup Water
1 clove Garlic *grated
1 small piece Ginger *grated
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons Oyster Sauce
Chilli Flakes as required *I added 1/4 teaspoon
- Prepare softly boiled Eggs. I cooked 4 Eggs in my ‘Water & Energy Saving Boiled Eggs’ method. I boiled with shallow boiling water in a saucepan with a lid for 5 minutes, left them in the heat for 3 minutes, then cooled in cold water. When cold, peel the shell.
- Combine all the Sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Lightly season Chicken Drumettes (OR Wing Nibbles) with Salt and White Pepper. Heat a frying pan over medium heat, oil the pan if required, and cook Chicken Drumettes until both sides are nicely browned.
- *Note: A lot of oil would come out from Chicken Drumettes. I recommend to remove excess oil using paper towel.
- Add the Sauce to the pan, cover with a lid, and cook for 10 minutes. Remove the lid, add Boiled Eggs, and cook, occasionally turn over Chicken Drumettes and Eggs, until the Sauce has thickened.
- Serve with freshly cooked Rice and Vegetable dishes.
Leave a Reply