On the other day when I was too tired to think about what to cook for dinner, I baked everything I had on a large baking tray, even with Garlic Bread. The result was absolutely amazing. It looked great, smelled amazing and everyone enjoyed it!
500 to 600g Chicken Thigh Fillets
Salt & Pepper (OR other spices of your choice)
2 large Potatoes
1 Red Capsicum
1/2 head Cauliflower
1/2 head Broccoli
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
2 thick slices Ciabatta Bread *OR similar Bread
2 tablespoons Butter *softened
1 small clove Garlic *grated
1/2 teaspoon Italian Herb Mix
- Preheat oven to 220℃.
- Wash Potatoes and Carrots, cut into chunky pieces. Place in a heat-proof bowl, drizzle some Olive Oil and season with Salt & Pepper (OR spices of your choice), and microwave for 3 minutes. Toss and microwave for 2 more minutes. Carefully toss again and microwave 2 more minutes.
- Cut Chicken fillets into large pieces and season with Salt & Pepper.
- Lightly oil a large baking tray. Arrange Chicken, Potato and Carrot in single layer, and start baking.
- Cut Zucchini and Capsicum into chunky pieces and place in the bowl that was used to microwave Potato and Carrot. Cut Cauliflower and Broccoli into florets and place them in the bowl. Drizzle some Olive Oil and season with Salt & Pepper (OR spices of your choice), and toss to combine.
- Take the baking tray out of the oven, arrange Zucchini and Capsicum. Add grated Parmesan to Cauliflower and Broccoli, toss to coat, then arrange them on the tray. Return to the oven.
- Mix softened Butter, grated Garlic and Herbs to make Garlic Butter. Spread Garlic Butter over the bread slices, and cut into 2cm cubes.
- When Chicken & Vegetables are getting brown, take the baking tray out of the oven, arrange the bread pieces with buttered side up, then return to the oven. Bake until bread pieces are nicely browned, as everything should be cooked by then.
Loved this! Good variety of vegetables and the timing worked well, everything came out cooked properly at once.
You tried it? I am so glad, Liana. The timing is the key for this dish as you cook many different veggies that require different cooking time. AND the garlic bread makes a huge difference!