To make jelly desserts, I use Gelatine Powder. Sometimes I use Agar Agar OR Kanten for vegetarian jellies. Recently I started using Corn Starch. Corn Starch is easily available from any stores, very cheap, and plant-based. When liquid is thickened with Corn Starch, the texture becomes firmer when cooled. If you have never used Corn Starch for jelly desserts, try it once. You will love it.
300ml Milk *any Milk of your choice
2 to 3 tablespoons Sugar
3 tablespoons Corn Starch *1 tablespoon is 15ml
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract *optional
Fresh Fruit OR Fruit Sauce to serve *I served with ‘Microwave Blueberry Sauce’
- Place Milk, Sugar and Corn Starch in a saucepan and mix well. Add Vanilla if you like it. Heat over medium low heat, stirring frequently, and bring to the boil. When the mixture is thick and gooey, remove from the heat.
- Pour the mixture into moulds OR serving glasses, and set aside to cool. When cooled, cover with lids OR plastic food wrap if necessary, and leave in the fridge until completely set.
- *Note: Avoid any water gets in the jelly due to condensation. Water softens the mixture and ruins the jelly.
- Serve with fresh fruit OR fruit sauce. Today I served with Microwave Blueberry Sauce that I made with 1/2 cup Frozen Blueberries.
- *Note: It would be a good idea to add Coffee, Cocoa OR Matcha to Milk.