If you have 1 sheet of Butter Puff Pastry and 2 Apples, you can make 4 Apple Pies. I know some fast food restaurants sell this type of Apple Pies. Homemade Apple Pies taste much nicer. Why don’t you try it and impress your family or guests? You won’t fail as it is absolutely easy.
4 Apple Pies
2 Apples of your choice *Today I used Royal Gala Apples
1 slice of Lemon *optional
2 tablespoons Water
1 tablespoons Sugar *add extra to suit your taste
1 tablespoon Sultanas OR Raisins
1/2 teaspoon Corn Starch *mixed with 1/2 teaspoon Water
*Note: You may wish to add some Ground Cinnamon
1 sheet Frozen Butter Puff Pastry
Flour to dust work surface
Milk & Extra Sugar *optional, read ‘Method 7’
- Cut each Apple into 4 wedges, peel and remove the core, then cut into 1-2cm pieces. Place in a saucepan, squeeze a slice of Lemon (optional), and add the Lemon slice into the saucepan as well.
- Add Water, Sugar and Sultanas (OR Raisins), cover with a lid, and cook over medium low heat for a few minutes OR until slightly softened. Drizzle with Corn Starch mixture to thicken the liquid, and mix well. Cool completely. You may wish to add some Ground Cinnamon.
- *Note: Do not cook Apple pieces until very soft. The remaining heat will soften them more, and they will get soft after being baked.
- Preheat oven to 180℃. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Dust a flat work surface such as a cutting board with Flour, place a sheet of Butter Puff Pastry, and cut into 4 squares. Remove Lemon slice from the completely cooled Apple mixture and discard it, and place Apple mixture on each Puff Pastry square.
- Fold in half to wrap the filling and secure the edges using a fork pressing down to stick them together. Make some cuts on top.
- To make the outside of the pies extra crunchy, brush them with a very small amount of Milk and sprinkle with Sugar, about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoonful each. But this is optional.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.