Recently I am using Spaghetti and other Italian long pasta for many Asian dishes. Why are they so widely available and inexpensive? The dry long pasta are easy to find wherever I shop. And they are really good! This is a Korean-inspired dish and it is fiery hot. It makes me sweat like hell, but I am loving it!
2 servings Spaghetti
200g Beef Steak(s) *thinly sliced OR cut into thin strips
1/4 Green Capsicum
150g Shimeji *OR other Asian Mushrooms
*Note: These vegetables can be other vegetables of your choice.
1-2 teaspoons Sesame Oil
1 clove Garlic *grated
1 tablespoon Sugar
1 tablespoon Gochujang (Korean Spicy Miso)
1 tablespoon Mirin
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- Cut off the bottom of Shimeji and tear into smaller pieces. Beef and all other vegetables need to be thinly sliced or cut into thin strips.
- Start cooking Spaghetti in boiling salted water according to the instruction.
- In a small bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients.
- Heat Oil in a frying pan over high heat, cook Beef first. (Use high heat from the start to the end.) When Beef changes colour, add vegetables and cook until they are cooked.
- Add the sauce and stir to combine. Then add the cooked Spaghetti and mix well, and it’s done.
Leave a Reply