Tofu is becoming more popular as a plant-based protein. I use it quite often for many dishes. When Tofu is fried, outer parts become crunchy, and add extra texture and flavour. Fried Tofu is great for salads.
200g Firm Tofu
Oil for cooking
3 to 4 cupfuls Vegetables of your choice
*Note: Today I used Daikon, Carrot, Celery, Cucumber and Curly Endive
1 tablespoon Toasted Sesame Seeds
1/2 sheet Toasted Nori *torn into small pieces
*Note: Instead of Nori, Fried Shallots is another nice topping
1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
1 teaspoon Sugar
1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
1/2 teaspoon grated Garlic
- Cut Firm Tofu to 1cm thin slices. Lightly season with Salt.
- Heat a generous amount Oil in a frying pan over medium low heat, cook Tofu slices until golden and crispy. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel and allow to cool.
- Cut all Vegetables into thin strips or slices, and place in a mixing bowl. Cut the fried Tofu slices into thin strips and add to the bowl. Add Sesame Seeds as well.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. *Note: You may wish to add some Chilli.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, mix to combine, transfer to a serving plate. Add Toasted Nori on top and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply