This is the dish of ‘Okonomiyaki’, Frittata and Pizza combined. The base is Frittata, that contains a lot of shredded Cabbage just like ‘Okonomiyaki’, and it is baked like Pizza with cheese and toppings of your choice. This time I used Kransky sausages. It tastes brilliant and you can eat a lot of vegetables.
4 to 6 Servings
600 to 800g Vegetables *thinly sliced OR cut into thin strips
*Note: This time I used 1 Carrot, 1 Onion, 1 Zucchini and Cabbage.
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
6 Eggs *OR enough to cover vegetables
Toppings of your choice *This time I used 200g ‘Kransky’ Sausages
1 cup shredded Tasty Cheese OR Pizza Cheese
1 tablespoon chopped Parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200℃.
- All vegetables need to be cut into thin strips. Heat Oil in a thick-base & oven-safe frying pan over medium heat, cook the vegetables that are harder to be cooked such as Carrot and Onion. Add the vegetables that are easier to be cooked such as Cabbage and Zucchini.
- When vegetables are soft, season with Salt and Pepper. You may wish to add some herbs or spices. Remove from heat. Spread the vegetables evenly.
- Pour the lightly whisked Egg over. Top with the sliced ingredients of your choice, arrange them evenly, and cover with Cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Sprinkle with chopped Parsley.
What a brilliant idea!!!! Western okonomiyaki! LOL! I love it. So going to try this. I just got back from Japan and I ate okonomiyaki until they were out of fashion. So good.
Thank you, Amy. I bet you had a good time in Japan. This time I used nearly 800g thinly sliced vegetables and it was a huge volume, but looks OK after cooked, doesn’t it? Eating a lot of veggies is good.