When I cook Rice Bowl dishes, I tend to season with Soy Sauce. Today I didn’t use Soy Sauce at all. The creamy sauce is seasoned with Salt & Pepper. It’s very simple, yet so delicious because of the flavour from the Garlic Prawns. It was a brilliant idea to add soft scrambled Egg to the dish.
60 to 80g shelled Prawns *thawed if frozen
1 pinch Salt
1 Egg *whisked
Salt & Pepper
1 teaspoon Oil *plus extra
1/2 clove Garlic *finely chopped
1 serving warm Cooked Rice
Parsley *finely chopped
90ml Chicken Stock *OR Stock of your choice
Salt & Pepper
2 tablespoons Cream OR Milk
1/2 tablespoon Potato Starch OR Corn Starch
- Clean Prawns, devein, add 1 pinch Salt, and set aside. Whisk Egg in a small bowl, season lightly with Salt & Pepper. Prepare Garlic, Parsley, and Cooked Rice.
- Place Chicken Stock in a measuring jug or small bowl, season with Salt & Pepper to suit your taste. Add Cream (OR Milk) and Potato Starch (OR Corn Starch), and mix well.
- Prepare everything before you start cooking. Cooking won’t take long.
- Heat Oil in a small frying pan, cook soft scrambled Egg, and transfer to the bowl that you used to whisk the Egg.
- Add extra Oil to the pan only if required, add Garlic and stir, then add Prawns. When Prawns change the colour, stir the sauce well and add it to the pan. Stir as the sauce thickens, then add the softly cooked Egg and combine.
- Half fill a bowl with warm Cooked Rice and cover it with the Prawn & Egg mixture. Sprinkle with finely chopped Parsley, and enjoy.