Try this Vegan rice bowl dish on meat-free Monday. It’s a very simple dish to cook but it is really yummy and filling. Instead of adding Potato Starch to the sauce at the end of cooking process, coat Tofu pieces with Potato Starch first, so that the Potato Starch layer will become jelly like and Tofu pieces get nicely coated with the delicious sauce. Add some vegetables to it. Today I added ‘Carrot Namul’ and ‘Lettuce & Wakame Salad’.
200g Firm Tofu *cut into bite-size cubes
1 tablespoon Potato Starch
1 tablespoon Oil
1 serving warm Cooked Rice
Additional Vegetables: Lettuce, Carrot, Cucumber, Spinach, etc. Today I added ‘Carrot Namul’ and ‘Lettuce & Wakame Salad’.
1 clove Garlic *grated
1 small piece Ginger *grated
2 teaspoons Gochujang (Korean Spicy Miso) *alter the amount to suit your taste
2 teaspoons Soy Sauce
2 teaspoons Mirin
1/2 teaspoon Sugar
1 tablespoon Sake (Rice Wine) OR Water
- Dry Firm Tofu using paper towel and remove excess water. Cut into biter-size cubes and coat with Potato Starch.
- Combine all the Sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat Oil in a frying pan over medium heat and cook Tofu pieces until slightly browned and crispy.
- Add the sauce and combine well.
- Half fill a bowl with warm Cooked Rice and cover it with Tofu and the sauce. Add some vegetables. Today I added Carrot ‘Namul’ and Lettuce & Wakame Salad.