Don’t judge it by its colour. This soup is absolutely delicious! I first made this soup by adding some green vegetables to ‘My Mother’s Potato Soup’ to make it more nutritious. You should add as many different green vegetables as you have. I love to add Broad Beans that makes a huge difference. The more variety of vegetables you add, the better the soup tastes.
3 cups Vegetable Stock *OR Stock of your choice
1/2 to 1 Onion
2 to 3 cupfuls Green Vegetables
*Today I added Broad Beans, Broccoli, Green Beans and Frozen Chopped Spinach
1 Bay Leaf
Salt & Pepper
Cream to serve *optional
- Cut all vegetables into small pieces. If you add Broad Beans, peel and discard skins.
- Place Vegetable Stock (OR Stock of your choice) in a large saucepan and add Green Vegetables as much as you can cook in the stock.
- Add Bay Leaf and bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool slightly.
- Remove the Bay Leaf. Using a stick blender, make it smooth. Season with Salt & Pepper as required.
- Drizzle with Cream and enjoy with nice crusty bread.