‘Crab Omelette Rice Bowl’ is one of my absolute favourite rice bowl dishes. Today I used Prawns instead of Crab Meat. Also I didn’t cook the omelette individually. Cooking 2 servings in just one large omelette is EASY. We eat it with freshly cooked rice anyway.
100g Cooked Prawns *cut into small pieces
Spring Onion 1 *finely chopped
Optional Extra Ingredients
• Black Fungus OR Shiitake
• Cooked Bamboo Shoot Slices
• Carrot *thinly sliced
Oil for cooking
Salt & Pepper
4 Eggs *lightly whisked
1/2 cup Chicken Stock *OR 1/2 cup Water & 1/2 teaspoon Asian Chicken Bouillon Powder
1 tablespoon Sugar
1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1/2 tablespoon Rice Vinegar *add extra if you like it more sour
1/2 tablespoon Potato Starch Flour
Salt *as required
- Place all the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and mix well. Check the flavour, add Salt if required depending on the Chicken Stock you use. *Note: Do not start heating yet.
- For the Omelette, if you add extra ingredients, cook with small amount of Oil and lightly season with Salt & Pepper.
- Combine Eggs, Prawns, Spring Onion and cooked extra ingredients in a bowl. Season lightly with Salt & Pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon Oil in a frying pan or wok, cook the mixture to form a large omelette.
- Heat the saucepan with the sauce ingredients in it, stirring constantly until the sauce is thickened.
- Place the omelette on a serving plate, pour the sauce over, and enjoy with freshly cooked rice.