Pan-fried Pork and Egg can be a great dish. As I always eat it with freshly cooked Rice, I made it into a rice bowl today. The sauce I used today was one of my favourites, a mixture of Soy Sauce and Oyster Sauce. It’s super easy to make. I often add a small amount of Sesame Oil to it, but today I added Crispy Chilli Oil, that is my current craze.
80g thinly sliced Pork Belly *cut into bite-size pieces
*Note: Minced Pork can be used.
1 small clove Garlic *chopped
1/2 tablespoon Oil
Salt & White Pepper
1 Egg *whisked
1 serving warm Cooked Rice
Finely chopped Spring Onion
1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
1 teaspoon Oyster Sauce
1/2 teaspoon Crispy Chilli Oil *I used ‘Lao Gan Ma’ brand Crispy Chilli Oil
*Note: A few drops Sesame Oil & Chilli can be added instead of Crispy Chilli Oil
- Combine all the Sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Prepare all ingredients and seasonings ready to use before you start cooking.
- Heat Oil in a frying pan over medium high heat, cook Pork and Garlic until Pork is slightly browned. Season lightly with Salt and White Pepper.
- Pour the whisked Egg over the Pork, and gently stir to combine, and remove from the heat. DO NOT overcook the Egg.
- Half fill a bowl with warm Cooked Rice and cover it with the Pork and Egg mixture. Sprinkle with some finely chopped Spring Onion, drizzle with the sauce, and enjoy.