Well… this dish is not fried, so I shouldn’t name it Fried Rice, but it is almost the same as typical Fried Rice. It is extremely easy to prepare if you have a rice cooker. You don’t need to stand in front of hot cooktop. Place everything in the rice cooker’s inner pot and press the button to start cooking. Add whisked Egg at the end when rice is cooked. While the rice cooker is cooking this dish, you can make a refreshing salad. Dinner will be ready easily.
1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
1/2 Onion *cut into small pieces
200g Cooked Pork *e.g. Roasted Pork, cut into small pieces
*Note: You can use uncooked Pork OR Chicken instead.
2 cups (*180ml cup) Short OR Medium Grain Rice
1/2 Carrot *cut into small pieces
400ml Chicken Stock *cooled OR cold
1/2 teaspoon Salt *alter the amount depending on the saltiness of the stock
1/4 teaspoon White Pepper
2 tablespoons Sake (Rice Wine)
1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
2 Eggs *whisked and lightly seasoned with Salt & White Pepper
1/2 cup Peas *thawed if frozen
2 Spring Onions *finely chopped
- Drizzle Sesame Oil in the rice cooker’s inner pot, and place Onion and Pork.
- Rinse Rice, drain well, and spread over the Onion and Pork. Scatter Carrot over the Rice.
- Season Chicken Stock with Salt & White Pepper strongly, add Sake and Soy Sauce, and pour the mixture over the Rice, but DO NOT stir.
- Press Cook/Start button to start cooking. When the rice is cooked, pour Eggs over the Rice, add Peas, then close the lid and allow it to get steamed for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, Egg should be cooked. Add chopped Spring Onion, and mix to combine. Add extra Salt and White Pepper if required.