I don’t cook Pork Spare Ribs very often because I don’t like the way we eat them, but I like the flavour of grilled Spare Ribs. I often cook Boneless Lean Pork Belly. Today I marinated it in Spare Rib Marinade. I recommend to cut the Pork Block in half so that Pork gets seasoned better.
4 to 6 Servings
1.2kg Rindless, Boneless & Lean Pork Belly Block
*Note: Skin can be baked separately for Pork Crackling Chips
1 thumb-size piece Ginger *grated
2 to 3 cloves Garlic *grated
2 tablespoon Honey
2 tablespoons Orange Marmalade
1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
4 tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 to 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Ground Chilli
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a baking dish or bowl.
- Cut Pork Belly Block in half, make holes by sticking some skewers or a fork several times. Add to the marinade, coat well, and marinate for overnight or half a day.
- Place the Pork in a clean baking dish and place marinade into a small saucepan.
- Cover the baking dish with a sheet of foil, and bake in the pre-heated oven at 180℃ for 30 minutes (OR 40 minutes if thick). Remove the foil, raise the heat to 200℃, and bake for 15 minutes or until nicely browned. Rest for 10 minutes before serve.
- Cook the marinade in the saucepan until slightly thick and serve it as a sauce.