Use my ‘1-Hour Focaccia’ recipe to make these ‘Sausage Bread Rolls’ in 1 hour. Children would enjoy eating them as well as making them. It’s a fun family activity.
3/4 cup Warm Water OR Warm Milk
1 teaspoon Dry Yeast
1 tablespoon Sugar
2 cups Bread Flour
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Baking Powder *If you have enough time to proof the dough, you don’t need to add it.
2 tablespoons Butter (softened) OR Olive Oil
12 small Sausages *e.g. Cocktail Frankfurts, Mini Hot Dogs, Cooked Chipolata, etc. Today I used ‘Cheese Kransky Chipolata’
- Place Warm Milk, Dry Yeast and Sugar in a bowl, mix gently and set aside.
- Place Bread Flour, Baking Powder and Salt in a large bowl, and mix to combine. Make a well in the centre and pour in the yeast mixture and Butter (OR Olive Oil). Mix well to form a soft dough. Knead for 2 to 3 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Divide the dough into 12 portions, roll out each portion into 10cm long oblong or square with the width same as the length of the sausage.
- Make some cuts leaving 2-3cm edge uncut, place a sausage on the uncut edge, roll up and pinch the edges to secure, and place on the baking paper with the sealed side down.
- *Note: This method is easier than making the dough into a long ribbon and wrap it around the sausage.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes (60 minutes if you have time). Preheat oven to 200℃.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Enjoy with Ketchup, Mustard, Japanese Mayonnaise, etc.
Leave a Reply