I had a bottle of Sparkling Wine that had been lying on a wine rack for more than 12 months. We didn’t open it because we knew it was too sweet for us, and I couldn’t throw it away. Today I made it into a jelly. It was Prosecco blended with Blood Orange, so I added Orange to it. The jelly was not bad at all. If you have wine that is too sweet for you, it can be transformed into such a jelly dessert.
3 teaspoons Gelatine Powder
3 tablespoons Water
600ml Sweet Sparkling Wine OR Flat Wine
Sugar *I added 4 tablespoons
Fruit of your choice *e.g. Strawberries, Grapes, etc.
- Sprinkle Gelatine Powder into Water in a small bowl and soak for 10 minutes.
- Place 1/2 cup Sweet Sparkling Wine in a saucepan. Add Caster Sugar depending on the sweetness of the Sparkling Wine. Today I added 4 tablespoons. Seal the bottle with a stopper and keep it in the fridge.
- Heat the Sparkling Wine and Sugar in the saucepan over medium heat and bring close to the boil, then remove from the heat. Add soaked Gelatine and stir until Gelatine dissolves.
- Allow the mixture to cool. You can dip the bottom of the saucepan into cold water to speed up. When the mixture is cooled, add the remaining Sparkling Wine.
- Pour the mixture into a container, cover with a lid or food wrap, and leave in the fridge until completely set.
- Spoon the set jelly into the glasses and serve with Fruit of your choice.