‘Anchovy Garlic Sautéed Green Beans’ is one of the most popular recipes listed on my website. I love Anchovy & Garlic. And I love Squid. If I mix them together? It got to be delicious, but it needs a kick in the flavour. Enjoy it with plenty of cracked pepper or Shichimi (Japanese chilli spice mix).
Squid Tubes 2
Sake (Rice Wine) 1 to 2 tablespoons
Garlic 1 to 2 cloves *finely chopped
Olive Oil 1 tablespoon
Anchovy 6 to 8 fillets *finely chopped
Freshly Cracked Pepper OR Shichimi (Japanese Chilli Spice Mix)
- Cut each Squid Tube in half lengthways. Using a sharp knife, score diagonally to make diamond pattern. Cut into small pieces.
- Place Squid in a bowl, add Sake (Rice Wine), Garlic & a pinch of Salt and massage, then set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat Oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Stir-fry Squid pieces until almost cooked, then add Anchovy and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle freshly cracked Pepper OR ‘Shichimi’ and enjoy.
- Another yummy topping is chopped Spring Onion and some Soy Sauce drizzled over. Yummy!
Leave a Reply