‘Puff Pastry Twists’ are a very easy snack that you can make with 1 sheet of Frozen Puff Pastry. I have shared some very easy recipes for Puff Pastry Twists on this website. The filling can be Cinnamon Sugar, Jam, Chestnut Cream, Custard, OR anything. It can be savoury. Today I used Anchovy, Garlic, Chilli, Parsley and Parmesan. Enjoy with chilled beer OR wine!
1 sheet Butter Puff Pastry *thawed
4 to 5 fillets Anchovy *DO NOT be generous with the amount as Anchovy is very salty
1 clove Garlic
1 tablespoon chopped Herb of your choice *You can use Dried Herb, I used fresh Parsley today
Ground Chilli *OR ground Black Pepper
2-3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 200℃. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Use paper towel to dry Anchovy fillets and remove excess oil, then finely chop up. Garlic and Herb also need to be finely chopped up. *Note: You can use Dried Herb.
- Cut a sheet Butter Puff Pastry in half. Mix Anchovy and Garlic, and spread the mixture on one 1/2 sheet evenly. Scatter Parsley (OR other Herb) and sprinkle with Ground Chilli. Then thinly cover with grated Parmesan. *Note: Wetting the surface with water might help to spread Anchovy.
- Cover with the other 1/2 sheet and gently press down so that two sheets stick to each other. Cut into 3 pieces, then cut each piece into 6 strips.
- Press both ends of each strip slightly so that layers stick to each other, then twist the strip (I twisted twice), then place on the prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown, then place on a wire rack to cool.
Leave a Reply