Everyone’s favourite dessert ‘Apple Crumble’ can’t be easier than this. All novice cooks should try this recipe and gain your confidence. I always use Granny Smith apples for this dessert. Granny Smith apple is originated in Australia and it is one of the most popular cooking apples. It gets soft quite quickly and you don’t need to peel skin and don’t need pre-cook them.
Granny Smith Apples 4 to 6 *OR other cooking apples
Sugar 1 tablespoon
Corn Flour (Corn Starch) 1 tablespoon
Ground Cinnamon 1 to 2 teaspoons
Sultanas OR Raisins 1/4 cup
Butter 50g *melted
Sugar 3 tablespoons
Plain Flour 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Wash Apples, remove the core and cut into about 2cm pieces.
- Place the apple pieces, Sugar, Cinnamon and Corn Flour in an ovenproof dish, and mix to combine. Scatter Sultanas over.
- To make the crumble topping, place Butter, Sugar and Flour in a bowl and mix until just combined. You can add extra Ground Cinnamon to the crumble if you like.
- Spoon the crumble mixture over the apple. Bake for 40 minutes or until the crumble is golden and the apples are soft.
- Serve with Cream or/and Vanilla Ice Cream.