The other day I tried Chocolate Fudge recipe that I found on the internet. I halved the recipe, but still a whole can of Condensed Milk (395g) was required. The result was not very good. I used Cadbury’s Baking Dark Chocolate and the Fudge was a little too soft. I thought that the amount of Dark Chocolate and Condensed Milk should be the same. I tried again and result was perfect. Using the microwave, this Fudge is super easy to make.
*Note: This recipe is just a suggestion. You need same weight of Dark Chocolate and Condensed Milk.
180g Dark Chocolate *I used Cadbury’s Baking Dark Chocolate (45% Cocoa)
180g Condensed Milk
1 pinch Salt
1 teaspoon Rum, Brandy OR 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Line a small square OR rectangular container with baking paper.
- Cut Dark Chocolate into small pieces and place in a heat-proof mixing bowl. Pour Condensed Milk over.
- Heat in the microwave for 1 minute OR until Chocolate melts. Do not boil. You just need to heat up. *Note: Heating time depends on the power of the microwave.
- Use a spatula to stir well until smooth. Heat extra time if required. Add Salt and Rum, Brandy OR Vanilla Extract, and mix well.
- Pour into the prepared container and spread evenly, and allow it to cool. Then leave it in fridge until firm. Cut into bite-size pieces.
- *Note: You can add Nuts and Dried Fruit. The image below is the same Chocolate Fudge with Rum-steeped Sultanas.
Leave a Reply