Using my ‘Basic Sweet Bread Dough’, these delicious ‘Sweet Cream Cheese Rolls’ are easy to make. The hardest part is rolling out the dough. Once rolled out, spread the Cream Cheese & Lemon Curd mixture, then roll up. Today I added some Crumbles on top.
1/2 cup Warm Milk
1 to 2 teaspoons Dry Yeast *1 teaspoon takes longer time to proof
1 & 3/4 cups Bread Flour *and extra for kneading
2 to 4 tablespoons Caster Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 Egg *lightly whisked *save 1 tablespoonful for glazing
20g Butter *melted
Cream Cheese Filling
125g Cream Cheese
2 tablespoons Caster Sugar
2 tablespoon Lemon Curd
15g Butter *softened
1 tablespoon Caster Sugar
3 tablespoons Plain Flour
- Warm Milk slightly, add Yeast and stir, then set aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine Bread Flour, Sugar and Salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour in the Yeast mixture, Egg (save 1 tablespoonful for glazing) and melted Butter. Mix well to form a soft dough.
- Knead for 2 to 3 minutes, gradually adding extra Flour as required, until smooth and elastic. Place the dough in a bowl, cover with a plate or plastic wrap, and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Make Cream Cheese Filling by mixing all ingredients.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into 3-4mm thin rectangle. Spread Cream Cheese Filling, roll up, and cut into 12 slices.
- Place on a baking tray. Set aside in a warm place for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180℃. Make Crumbles by mixing all ingredients. Gently brush with remaining Egg, place some Crumbles on top.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until nicely browned.
Leave a Reply