Spring Roll Wrappers are made with Wheat Flour, Water, Vegetable Oil, Salt. Naturally they are absolutely suitable for sweets as well. I had some leftover Spring Roll Wrappers and Cream Cheese. They turned into this delicious snack.
2 square sheet Spring Roll Wrappers
60g Cream Cheese
2 tablespoons Caster Sugar
Some Sultanas OR Raisins
Oil for cooking
- Roughly mix Cream Cheese, Caster Sugar and Sultanas (OR Raisins).
- Cut each large square sheet of Spring Roll Wrapper into 4 pieces. If you use smaller sheets, alter the amount of filling accordingly.
- Place 1 piece of Spring Roll Wrapper on a flat surface with a corner facing you. Cover remaining wrappers with a dump tea towel to prevent them from drying out.
- Place 2 teaspoonfuls of Cream Cheese mixture, fold the front corner over filling and roll up, fold in side corners, then roll up firmly to enclose. Wet the last corner with water to seal. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Heat Oil about depth of 2cm in a saucepan over medium low heat. Carefully place the rolls into the Oil. Cook, turning occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Transfer onto a plate lined with paper towel.