‘Sweet & Sour Pork’ is popular and my family loves it, but I just don’t want to cook it very often because pre-cooking Pork is quite demanding. Then I tried a very easy method using Pork Mince. This is so easy and quick, and as delicious as the proper ‘Sweet & Sour Pork’.
500g Pork Mince
1 small piece Ginger *grated
Salt & Pepper
1 tablespoon Oil
1 Green Capsicum
1 Chilli *optional, finely sliced
Sweet & Sour Sauce
1/4 cup Water
1/4 cup Sake (Rice Wine) *can be replaced with Water
2 to 3 tablespoons Sugar
2 to 3 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
4 tablespoons Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons Ketchup
1 tablespoon Potato Starch Flour
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Alter the amount of Sugar and Rice Vinegar to suite your taste.
- Cut Onion, Capsicum and Carrot into small pieces or thin slices.
- Lightly season Pork Mince with Salt & Pepper and grated Ginger.
- Heat Oil in a large frying pan over high heat and cook Pork Mince, breaking down into bite-size or smaller chunks, until cooked and lightly browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add all vegetables. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes until cooked, then return the Pork Mince to the pan. Stir the sauce mixture well, then add it to the pan. The sauce will thicken quickly, stir well to combine and remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle with chopped Chilli, and serve with freshly cooked rice.
I made this for dinner tonight, it was really tasty!