My ‘Tuna & Cream Cheese Dip’ is very popular and I have been making it for many decades. For a special occasion, I often make this Dip Stuffed Baguette. It is a perfect finger food for parties and BBQ. It is easy to make, but you have to prepare it a few hours earlier as it needs to be frozen.
1 French Baguette
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Tuna & Cream Cheese Dip
125g Cream Cheese *softened
1/4 cup Japanese Mayonnaise
1/2 can (50g) Tuna *Springwater OR Brine type
1/8 to 1/4 Fresh Onion *finely chopped
- Mix softened Cream Cheese and Mayonnaise until well combined.
- Drain canned Tuna very well. Chop up Onion finely. Add to the Cream Cheese mixture and mix well.
- Cut off the both ends of Baguette and cut in half or about 20cm in length. Remove the soft inner bread.
- Break the removed soft bread into small pieces, and mix with the cream cheese mixture.
- Fill up the hollow with the mixture and wrap with plastic food wrap. Freeze for a few hours or until the filling is firm enough to slice.
- Cut the half frozen stuffed Baguette into 1cm thick, arrange on a platter, sprinkle some freshly ground Black Pepper on each piece. Serve when they are thawed.
Leave a Reply