What do you make with left-over Wonton Skins? I often simply add them to soup. But I wanted to make something with them. Wonton Skins look like small version of Filo Pastry. So I just wrap some apple with sugar & cinnamon with them and fried. The result was simply ‘YUMMY!’ I would buy Wonton Skins just to make these Apple Rolls.
Wonton Skins 10
Granny Smith Apple 1 *This type of apple can be cooked very quickly.
Corn Flour 1 tablespoon
Sugar 1 tablespoon
Ground Cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon
Raisins/Sultanas 1 tablespoon
Powdered Sugar for dusting
- Cut the Apple into very small pieces. Shredding is another method. Remove excess liquid. *Note: Some types of apple need to be pre-cooked.
- Add Corn Flour, Sugar, Cinnamon and Raisins/Sultanas and combine.
- Place a heaped teaspoonful of mixture on a Wonton Skin and wrap. Moisten the last edge of the skin to secure close.
- Heat oil about depth of 2cm in a saucepan over medium low heat. Carefully place the rolls into the oil. Cook, turning occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Transfer onto a plate lined with paper towel.
- Dust with Powdered Sugar and enjoy.