This rice bowl dish is very quick and easy for me to prepare because I almost always have a bottle of my family’s ‘Yakiniku’ Sauce in the fridge. If you have a store-bought ‘Yakiniku’ Sauce, you can use it. If you don’t have it, don’t give up. I have included a simple alternative sauce in this recipe. Today I seasoned the Rice into Sushi Rice. This is a very filling and comforting dish, that is perfect for my lunch.
1 serving (*about 240g) Cooked Short Grain Rice *should be HOT
2 teaspoons Sugar
3 teaspoons Rice Vinegar
1/5 teaspoon Salt *slightly less than 1/4 teaspoon
Salt & White Pepper
Oil for cooking Egg
120g thinly sliced Beef Steak
1 tablespoon ‘Yakiniku’ Sauce *OR use the sauce below
1 leaf Iceberg Lettuce *thinly sliced
Spring Onion *finely chopped
1/2 tablespoon Sugar
1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1/2 tablespoon Mirin
1/2 teaspoon grated Ginger
1/2 teaspoon grated Garlic
1 teaspoon Toasted Sesame Seeds
Chilli Flakes as required *optional
- Place HOT cooked Short Grain Rice in a bowl, that can be a serving bowl. Mix Rice Vinegar, Sugar and Salt in a small bowl, and add it to the HOT Rice. Mix well, then set aside.
- Combine all the ‘Yakiniku’ Sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Whisk Egg in a small bowl and lightly season with Salt & White Pepper. Heat a small amount of Oil in a small frying pan, and cook Egg into small pieces.
- Thinly slice Lettuce, arrange it over the Rice, and arrange Egg over the Lettuce.
- Add extra Oil to the small pan, cook thinly sliced Beef, add the ‘Yakiniku’ Sauce, and cook until the sauce is thickened. Arrange the Beef on top.
- Add some finely chopped Spring Onion and enjoy.
Leave a Reply